[SQM] Lighting the way for sea turtles at Gulf Islands National Seashore

Anthony Tekatch anthony at unihedron.com
Fri Jan 27 14:33:21 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Here is an entertaining and educational podcast about Sea Turtles and
light pollution By Molly Bloom – December 30, 2016:

  http://www.brainson.org/lighting-the-way-for-sea-turtles-at-gulf-islands-national-seashore/

  "We don’t know much about the long life of a sea turtle, since it’s
  mostly spent in the ocean. When they do come ashore to lay their eggs,
  we know the babies use the moon and stars to guide them back to sea.
  But what happens when hotels and houses and streetlights compete for
  their attention?

  A citizen science group at Gulf Islands National Seashore in Pensacola,
  Florida helps map the night sky in order to keep these mysterious
  creatures on the right path."

Best regards,
Anthony Tekatch
Unihedron