[SQM] Datalogger Real Time Clock enhancement

Anthony Tekatch anthony at unihedron.com
Sat Apr 15 11:09:11 UTC 2017

Hello All,

One of the drawbacks of using a real time clock (RTC) in electronics is
that temperature variations will make it gain or lose time over long
periods of time. The real time clock (timekeeper) inside out our original
data-logger used a standard watch chip that had an accuracy of +/- 20 ppm.
Generally this is not such a big problem, but for multiple data-loggers in
different temperature conditions, the clocks will drift apart and other
techniques are required to synchronize the readings.

We introduced an "Extremely accurate" RTC into the data-logger product
line last year (around 2016-03-24) with an accuracy of +/- 3.5ppm from
-40°C to +85°C.

The new RTC is identified on the back of the meter with the model number
suffix "-R1" as:
  SQM-U-DL-R1
This model number can also be found using our UDM software.

Best regards,
Anthony Tekatch
Unihedron
http://unihedron.com