[SQM] SQM-LU-DL-V

Anthony Tekatch anthony at unihedron.com
Sat Feb 28 01:32:03 UTC 2015

Hello Aleksander,

I guess the cat is out of the bag :)

We have just recently fully geared up for production hence the hidden
page:
  http://unihedron.com/projects/sqm-lu-dl-v/

This product was initially designed for sea turtle hatchling studies but
may find uses in fields that our other light meters cover.

The "V" in SQM-LU-DL-V stands for "Vector" which means that the unit can
record vector measurements of Altitude and Azimuth by way of its built-in
accelerometer/compass module.

About the GPS; we did some initial experimentation with an older GPS
module and realized that without a display showing a valid connection
that there could easily be issues about taking light readings and not
having a GPS fix. I realize that there are newer GPS modules with higher
sensitivity, and we may revisit that in the future.

Best regards,
Anthony