[SQM] do you have a global database of SQM data ?

Josep Lascurain lascurain at sgm.es
Fri Feb 13 17:30:11 UTC 2015

Hello

We have made a map with SQM readings of the Collserola Natural Park and surrounding area (aprox 80% of the metropolitana rea of Barcelona). Measurements with dark skies with no clouds and no moon.

Those data show some disparities with the light pollution map   http://www.lightpollutionmap.info/ mainly because airport area and logistic areas close to airport produce much more contamination than urban ligths on urban canyon. And they keep lighting whole night .

http://www.slideshare.net/ConsultoraSGM/la-contaminaci-lumnica-al-parc-natural-de-collserola-avaluaci-i-recomanacions  This link is of a presentation in catalan, but you will see a map on slide 65.   This map was include data from places quite far away (harbour, ariport, etc..).

We have of course a geodatabase and we  will try to organize some kind of crowdsourcing campaign to get more data.

But it would be much better for us not to reinvent the wheel and add our data to a bigger one! So0, we would be happy to know if there is a global geodatabase.

Finally just to say thank you very much to Anthony Tekatch for keeping in touch with all of us with so much interesting information!!!!!!

All the best.

José Lascurain

[patomicr]
J Lascurain
Consultora SGM sl
Roger de Llúria, 118-6é -08037 Barcelona
Tel: 34 934 882 272
Mov: 609 46 25 56
lascurain at sgm.es<mailto:lascurain at sgm.es>
www.sgm.cat<http://www.sgm.cat>

SKYPE: jlascuraing

[ios_7_twitter_icon]<https://twitter.com/lascuSGMsl>  [pinterest-logo_rev1] <http://www.pinterest.com/sgmsl/>   [slideshare] <http://www.slideshare.net/ConsultoraSGM>   [youtube_logo] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjZpLpN0ZaKMYBsU7G3gSjg>