[SQM] for those who didn't yet visit the Unihedron forum (potentially off-topic for some, but surely of interest to others)

Andrea Giacomelli (pibinko) info at pibinko.org
Mon Oct 29 09:02:34 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am re-forwarding this to the mailing list, as I noted that the forum is
indeed ramping up in use, but there maybe some of you who are less "at
home" with that type

...in the meantime, the brief history announced last week is into episode
"5": http://www.pibinko.org/pib/?p=2724

I apologize if for some of you this sounds like "out of the box"" or
irrelevant to the mailing list topic. In fact it's not: the maker of the
instruments we share is actually part of the story, at some point (together
with numerous SQMs popping out here and there), and I know a couple of you
who will read with interest the story, as they collaborated on part of this
over the past four and a half years...

Thank you for your attention, and best regards

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org

Announcement: brief history of participatory night sky monitoring from Italy

« on: October 22, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »
Dear all,

1) I am very glad to learn about this new forum on the same day that I
started to write a series of posts on my blog, under the title of " brief
history of participatory night sky monitoring from Italy".

2) the posts will be available in Italian and English, and here is a
preface:

http://www.pibinko.org/pib/?p=2592 (ENGLISH)

http://www.pibinko.org/pib/?p=2574 (ITALIAN)

3) I hope this will be of interest to forum readers, as a minimum as a
quite composit case history of Unihedron products, even though -based on
feedback we had in the past, I am quit sure some of you will appreciate
more than just the sensor technology side of the story proposed in the blog.

thank you for your attention, and regards

Andrea Giacomelli (aka pibinko)
http://www.pibinko.org

DISCLAIMER: the blogs posts on the "brief history of participatory night
sky monitoring from Italy" are freely inspired from the BuioMetria
Partecipativa project (www.buiometriapartecipativa.org), of which I am one
of the creators.
However the BSDBPM blog posts will not represent an official position of
the project...while this is evolving steadily, I saw the value of also
providing a more personal view on some of the episodes we have been living
and working through. Please refer towww.buiometriapartecipativa.org or to
bmp at pibinko.org for the BuioMetria Partecipativa project itself.