[SQM] Announcement: if you, or friends/colleagues happen to be in Florence, Italy, on Dec 5 - awareness raising event on night sky quality and its relationship to land planning

Andrea Giacomelli (pibinko) info at pibinko.org
Fri Nov 30 12:59:22 UTC 2012

*[note: may I also please ask if somebody on the LPresearch mailing list
can forward this there ? I am awaiting for approval by the moderator for
registration to that list, but I think this may be also of interest to them]
*

Hello - since Florence always has a lot of visitors, you never know who
could be there...maybe one of the readers of this list or one of their
colleagues.

If so, we will be glad to meet you at the Casa della Creatività (House of
Creativity). This is a public space by the Muncipality of Florence, only a
few minutes on foot from the Santa Maria Novella railway station (or even
less from the Duomo).

Between 5 and 7 PM, within the BuioMetria Partecipativa project, we will be
hosting a meeting to provide our point of view concerning
light pollution-related aspects of two important planning documents which
are being revised in Tuscany (related to planning of all enviromental,
energy and landscape policies).

We have already been interacting with the Tuscan administration in the past
months on these topics, and we have also encouraged the participation of
othe organizations to the process.

The slot between 5 and 7PM will necessarily be in Italian..however: should
you be in town and interested to meet, we can reasonably arrange something
before or after the event.

and..of course: if the cloud cover will clear (we have been experiencing
sever rainfall in Tuscany over the past two weeks), we might also be taking
some SQM measurements...!

Many thanks for your attention, and regards

--
Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org
info at pibinko.org