[SQM] Announcement: on Dec 10, 2012, the BuioMetria Partecipativa Project will launch a new campaign in Sardinia

Andrea Giacomelli (pibinko) info at pibinko.org
Wed Nov 28 18:17:40 UTC 2012

Dear all,

We are writing from the BuioMetria Partecipativa project - collecting night
sky quality data (mostly via SQM) using a participatory approach, and
raising awareness on light pollution issues since 2008.

This is to let you know that on December 10, 2012, we will be launching a
new campaign in Sardinia.

This is happening thanks to the Biblioteca Popolare San Michele (BPSM) in
Alghero, in the North-Eastern part of the island.
The BPSM is a library, which will host an SQM from our instrument pool and
share it with interested citizens.

Please feel free to forward this to interested colleagues...especially
folks in the Catalan region, given the Alghero location (Alghero has very
tight links to Catalunya for historical reasons).

Also - should any of you happen to travel in the Alghero area...we'll be
glad to meet you. The main event will be at 6.30PM in the library (via
Mazzini 118) on Dec 10.

Many thanks for your attention, and regards!

--
Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org

p.s. For those of you who did not follow the first steps of the project,
you might want to check out a video about our first official participatory
measure in Sardinia in August 2008 (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfuCLpsvfWs ...subtitled in English)