[SQM] ecological light pollution paper, and worldwide SQM database

BuioMetria Partecipativa (BMP) bmp at pibinko.org
Thu Mar 3 16:06:56 UTC 2011

Dear Christopher,

1) In the context of our participatory dark sky quality monitoring
project we have been deploying an SQM-LE at the beginning of the year.

On top of that, we already have a database running and a dynamic map,
and a query system. The data we collect are made available under the
OpenDatabase Licence.

We have also developed an automated data harvesting procedure to
collect data from various sensors and the automated integration with
weather station data.
We are currently running the harvesting system with two stations from
two different groups, one in Central Italy and one in Northern Italy
(but
it is already configured for multiple sensors), and are talking to
other groups in Italy who already have, or plan to deploy, other
stations.
The harvesting system is still in a beta version, but working quite well -

Data are accessible from http://www.pibinko.org/bmp2/?page_id=1711

2) In relation to your call for collaboration, we will be getting back
to you with more detailed information during
the course of next week  - we have relayed the message to other people
we know are interested in this topic in Italy and would like to provide
some form of coordinated response.

Best regards

Andrea Giacomelli and Francesco Giubbilini
http://www.pibinko.org/bmp