[SQM] Map overlay of Unihedron data

andrea giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 11:31:00 UTC 2011

Hello,

We are writing from the "Buiometria partecipativa" project in Italy, an
initiative on participatory dark sky quality monitoring (
http://www.pibinko.org/bmp) which some of you may have already heard about.

We would like to let you know that we have recently developed some code to
integrate the SQM data available from the Unihedron web site with the map of
measurements we are collecting through our community.

This allows all users to visually overlay the activity related to different
data sets, and supports us in coordinating activities for upcoming
measurements.

The map layer is updated daily, and is available for browsing globally, i.e.
if you zoom out of the initial map extent you will also see the other
measurements around the world.

We thank Unihedron for granting the use of the data and we invite you to
review the map at the page: http://www.pibinko.org/bmp/mappa.html

Regards from Italy -

Andrea Giacomelli and Francesco Giubbilini

p.s. we are currently maintaining our web site in Italian. An automated
translator for the pages is available, but sometimes provides quirky output,
as any automatic translator. We'll be glad to provide additional propert
information in English if needed - just write to bmp at pibinko.org