[SQM] SQM

JPDarkSkies at aol.com JPDarkSkies at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 19:38:00 UTC 2010

re: Jaime.  Thanks for bringing this down to a realistic level as I  feel
that some of the quoted figures for dark sites are higher than I would
expect.
On the subject of cloud.  I am involved with a DS survey and I use my  back
garden as a starting calibration point before starting a survey trip.   I
normally get a SQM-L reading of 21.4 but on one, only one, occasion I was
getting varying readings up to 21.7.  I also noted very high tenuous cloud
and assumed that there was a blanketing effect.  As I could make out the
cloud I would have expected a lowering of the readings but possibly, I could not
 actually see the cloud but see the star background changing.
Has anyone else seen this effect?  John P.