[SQM] What's the SQM reading for an *overcast* dark site

Banich, Howard Howard.Banich at nike.com
Wed Sep 15 17:10:03 UTC 2010

I have Steinar. At the Oregon Star Party last month we had an overcast night and I pulled out my SQM for a reading because it was so dark. The reading I got was around 23.7 or so, but since there were several RV's nearby with light on I assume the actual SQM reading would have been higher without them. Even so, as my Dad would have said, "it was as dark as the inside of a cow."

Howard
Portland, Oregon