[SQM] Announcing the SQM-LR

Anthony Tekatch anthony at unihedron.com
Sat Oct 2 00:54:24 UTC 2010

Hello All,

Unihedron is pleased to introduce our latest product, the SQM-LR, an RS232
enabled Sky Quality Meter for night-time sky brightness monitoring. This
model is intended for use in the following applications:
 - Legacy computer interface installations.
 - MODEM interface installations.
 - Simple electronic interface projects.

The SQM-LR is an affordable meter for continuous, computer-connected
measurement of sky brightness for astronomers and dark-sky enthusiasts.
Like its predecessors, the SQM-LR reports the brightness of the night
sky in magnitudes per square arcsecond. The unit is similar to
the ethernet-enabled SQM-LE and USB SQM-LU models in that it allows
access to raw measurement data and calibration settings as well as
in-place firmware updates.

Software is included for obtaining readings from computers using
Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Full specifications for
the communications protocol are provided, and example software interface
allows for user-customizations.

Read more about the SQM-LR here:
  http://unihedron.com/projects/sqm-lr/

The SQM-LR sells for $189.99 USD and is compatible with our weatherproof
housing:
  http://unihedron.com/projects/sqmhousing/

Best regards,
Anthony Tekatch