[SQM] Earth Hour 2009

Constance Walker cwalker at noao.edu
Wed Mar 25 16:42:36 UTC 2009

HI, Anthony,

I think I remember that you sent around an email encouraging SQM users
to take data during GLOBE at Night. Can you encourage them to continue
to do that and submit to www.globe.gov/GaN/report.html?

The last night of GaN is Earth Hour.

We will be taking SQM measurements from Kitt Peak toward Tucson and
Phoenix at a variety of altitudes and azimuths.

Connie

On Mar 25, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Anthony Tekatch wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Many cities in around the world will recognize Earth Hour this
> Saturday
> March 28 2009 by shutting off lights between 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
>
> Mark Coady will be using an SQM to determine if the efforts of
> Peterborough Ontario Canada make a difference in light pollution on
> that
> night: http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1493318
>
> You can read more about Earth Hour here: http://www.earthhour.org/
> home/