[SQM] Announcing the SQM-LU

Anthony Tekatch anthony at unihedron.com
Wed Dec 2 00:09:41 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Unihedron is pleased to introduce our latest product, the SQM-LU, a USB
enabled Sky Quality Meter for night-time sky brightness monitoring. The
acceptance angle of the SQM-LU is identical to the handheld SQM-L model.

The SQM-LU is an affordable meter for continuous, computer-connected
measurement of sky brightness for astronomers and dark-sky enthusiasts.
Like its predecessors, the SQM-LU reports the brightness of the night
sky in magnitudes per square arcsecond. The unit is similar to
the ethernet-enabled SQM-LE model in that it allows access to raw
measurement data and calibration settings as well as in-place firmware
updates.

Software is included for obtaining readings from computers using
Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Full specifications for
the communications protocol are provided, and example software interface
allows for user-customizations.

Read more about the SQM-LU here:
  http://unihedron.com/projects/sqm-lu/

Also, to help you decide on the appropriate SQM model, we have created the
following summary comparison chart:
  http://unihedron.com/projects/darksky/comparison/

Best regards,
Anthony Tekatch